gmBasic: Upgrade Engine
gmBasic is a code transformation tool that rewrites VB6/ASP/COM systems to one of the .NET languages (C# or VB.NET). Based on feedback from our clients and migration projects in the field, we are continuously improving gmBasic so as to help users more easily produce cleaner and more correct results. This distribution, Version 30.82, includes several enhancements:
- Improves the general ability to produce accurate, build-complete .NET (C# and VB.NET) systems from VB6 code (most recently making enhancements needed to upgrade a large ERP system with 326 VBPs referencing 1,369 code files containing 1.3M LOC and 50 third-party-COM components)
- Improves migration of PropertyBag and PropertyPage
- Improves support for using Debug Build Configuration
- Improves support for VBScript classes in ASP translations
- Improves support for ASPErr Object in ASP translations
- Improves translation of DragOver and DragDrop events
- Improves diagnostic reporting for migrating implicit conversions and Type Inference operations
- Improves translation of LoadResPicture function
- Corrects issue with Event/Method Name Clash when BuildFile=global
- Improves handling IIf when return values have different types.
- Improves Naming convention for same-named ASP pages
- Improves handling "New class.member" references in ASP
- Improves handling ScaleModeConstants enumeration
- Improves handling Arrays declared using type-indicator characters
- Improves recognizing properties of Global Multiuse classes
- Improves migrating complex IIf expressions
gmStudio: Upgrade Solution Development Environment
Powered by gmBasic, gmStudio is a development environment for creating high-performance, custom VB6/ASP/COM to .NET upgrade solutions. We are continuously adding functionality to gmStudio and making it easier to use. This distribution includes several enhancements:
- Improves Source Search performance by using multi-threaded logic
- Improves Side-by-Side Viewer to allow manually selecting files displayed
- Improves handling of ASP with VBScript classes on the the Side-by-Side form
- Improves behavior of Reporting Only mode when project exceeds license limits
- Improves handling regex expression errors on Search panel
gmslAPI: a .NET API for Developing Advanced Upgrade Solutions
Powered by gmBasic, gmslAPI is a .NET API for automating the gmBasic upgrade engine and accessing the semantic models produced by our unique linguistic compilation technology. gmslAPI also includes classes to facilitate the integration and management of complex upgrade rules in gmStudio. This API was updated to reflect the latest product improvements and conventions.
Sample Upgrade Rules
gmStudio ships with a collection of sample upgrade rules that can be used to add custom features to your upgrade solution. These XML documents and gmSL scripts are distributed as source that you may modify to fit your unique requirements. The sample rules were updated to reflect the latest product improvements and conventions.
- Improves CodeScanList.txt for translation audit reporting
- Improves GlobalStubs.xml for generating global stub framework
Sample Upgrade Solutions
Great Migrations publishes a number of sample VB6/ASP upgrade solutions to illustrate the capabilities of gmStudio. The sample upgrade solutions were updated to reflect the latest product improvements and conventions.