Requesting a License
Here is the process to obtain a gmStudio license:
- Install the gmStudio Trial on the machine where you will use it.
- Request a license using the Registration form by clicking [Help/Register…] on the gmStudio Main Menu.
After I receive the request, I will create your license file and email you when it is ready.
- Download and activate the license for the machine used in Step 1 by clicking [Help/Check for License…] on the gmStudio Main Menu.
Manual License Activation
Sometimes downloading and activating a license file through gmStudio is not possible due to security or connectivity constraints. When this is the case, a license may be installed manually by emailing the license file (and optional project signature file) to the customer -- along with the following instructions.
- Close gmStudio
- Go to the install directory (i.e., C:\Program Files (x86)\GreatMigrations\gmStudio)
- Remove all old license files in the folder
- Copy the desired license file into the install directory
- If you have a project-specific license file, copy the desired project signature file into the install directory
- Restart gmStudio
- Click Help/About to review the license settings and send us a copy of the text
Note also that each license file may only be downloaded through gmStudio, once per machine. If you try to re-download the same license file, the registration form will report a "License already activated" message . If you need to download your license file again, contact us for assistance.
More on licensing is discussed on the Registration page.