Requesting a License
Here is the process to obtain a gmStudio license:
- Install the gmStudio Trial on the machine where you will use gmStudio for your upgrade project.
- Request a License using the Registration form by clicking [Help/Register…] on the gmStudio Main Menu.
After receiving your request, Great Migrations will create your License File.
- Download and activate the License for the machine used in Step 1 by clicking [Help/Check for License…] on the gmStudio Main Menu.
Manual License Activation
Sometimes downloading and activating a license file through gmStudio is not possible due to internet connectivity limitations. When this is the case, a license may be installed manually by our emailing you the license file. Once you receive this license file, you may install and activate it manually as follows:
- Close gmStudio
- Go to the install directory (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\GreatMigrations\gmStudio).
- Remove all old license files in the folder
- Copy the desired license file into the install directory
- If you have a project-specific license file, copy the desired project signature file into the install directory
- Restart gmStudio
- Click Help/About to review the license settings and send us a copy of the text
Note also that each license file may only be downloaded through gmStudio, once per machine. If you try to re-download the same license file, the registration form will report a "License already activated" message . If you need to download your license file again, contact us for assistance.
More on licensing is discussed on the Registration page.