- The VB6/COM Assessment codebase should contain all the code artifacts comprising the VB6/COM application(s) you are interested in re-developing on the .NET platform. Typically, this is a directory tree containing all the files needed to support the build of the application on Windows.
- VB6 source code and resource files of type: *.vbp, *.bas, *.cls, *.frm, *.frx, *.ctl, *.ctx, *.dsr, *.dsx, *.res (as applicable). These code files should be organized into directories consistent with your standard build environment. Please try to include only the VB6 code files that you want included in the assessment and the subsequent upgrade effort.
- COM binaries referenced by the *.vbp projects explicitly or through classes instantiated through statements like CreateObject. These COM binaries may include files of type: *.dll, *.ocx. *.tlb, *.exe (include any .NET assemblies if your VB6 code references them through interop). If you are aware of any special installs, imports and other dependencies needed to register the COM files, please include those as well.
- [Optional] validate the source codebase by completing a VB6 build using the VB6 IDE.
- Install the gmStudio Trial on the machine and run the New Project Wizard to prepare a gmStudio Project workspace folder containing supporting files and reports. We are happy to help you do this with you on a Web Meeting. recommend we join you in this effort in a Web Meeting to expedite the process.
Note: the gmStudio Trial License limits the size of systems that may produce Translated code, but it does not limit the size of systems that may be used for preparation and metrics reporting.
- Zip the source directory and the workspace folder.
- Upload the resulting zip file(s) to a web folder we setup for you (e.g. OneDrive) or, you may upload your zip files to a folder (or a Virtual Machine) at your end from where we can fetch them.